Thursday 1 November 2012

Moods

Starting something can more often than not be the hardest part of any venture. When I try to envision myself fulfilling a lifelong dream of writing and actually publishing a book, it’s not the beginning of the story that I find myself drawn to – it’s the middle. The part where things start to complicate and the main character has so many issues going on that their head is about to burst. It’s quite difficult to write the lead-up to any climax as the emotions felt by the characters are so complex and varied that it stresses me out trying to help them not to be stressed out. I’m getting stressed right now just remembering the pent up aggravation I felt trying to make it through the final chapters of a story when everyone in the damn book just wanted to go haywire and completely veer from any sense of normality in a fictional story.Phew!

I think this is why I don’t write so much anymore. When things get toodifficult with other peoples lives, as much as I’m a shoulder to cry on, I endup going ‘Stuff this, these are NOT my problems!’ and walk away. When anauthor, you simply can’t do that… and I struggle with that side of things! Why can’t it be easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment