Sunday 21 October 2012

Blanked

A Sunday consisting of movies in bed, chats with the neighbours and a general lack of doing any form of housework was how I spent yesterday. The sun rose and I reluctantly rose a couple of hours after it, cursing my body for not being able to go back to sleep and stay asleep for a rather long period of time. After attending a wedding the previous day as bridesmaid and driving two hours home after the reception that evening, the last thing I felt like doing was, well, anything. The knowledge that no work was waiting for me today (Garfield's most loathed day of the week - Monday) didn't seem to help my body relax, all I could do was feel guilty that I wasn't doing anything. This rings to me as laziness. The general lack of want to do anything and yet the ongoing nagging in my brain telling me to finish the washing and mop the floors... maybe even wash the dog.

It turned out today hasn't been so bad. Being officially 'unemployed' leaves me open to interviews at any time of the day - bingo! Let's hope that in approximately 40 minutes I will find out whether or not I shall be once again employed and not have to drag out the anticipation of ongoing interviews days, maybe even weeks apart. As we all know, money is something we all need. Not necessarily want (I, for one, despise the concept of paper notes and gold coins) but is however the most common posession for a person to have. Without money, where would we be? Considering time travel to the stone age is out of the equation and bartering for chickens in a temple isn't how we purchase our food, I'm gonna say the homeless child in the gutter in Calcutta.

All of a sudden I feel very fortunate and grateful for my life and un-paid phone bill that I currently have the money to pay... as soon as I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment