Friday 19 October 2012

All By Myself

It's said that showers let the water wash away all thoughts, problems and provocations. Perhaps the people claiming these 'facts' are in fact, braindead. Since when have you gone into a shower and not thought, worried or cried? I sit here, on my bed, wrapped in the fluffiest towel I own, which has coincidentally been in my posession since I first moved to a beach side town at 5 and pour out my heart or maybe my brain and it's overcrowded thoughts into a keyboard and onto a screen.

As of late I've stopped playing music when having a shower or a bath just to see if the solidarity of it might be a tad bit more soothing... alas, I come out feeling stunted like a newt, at odds with the problems racing each other back and forth in my head. If it wasn't for the fact that you also feel clean after lathering yourself up with a chosen brand of scented soap, there'd almost be no point.

To be fair, the music goes on as soon as I enter my crowded bedroom, prolonging the sense of loneliness instilled by quiet showers and an empty dining room at meal times. It's almost as though every problem I have I don't take action to sort out until I've lived with the misery for a little while, clutching to it as though it were a fluffy teddy when sleeping. I like to take the problem, close my hand around it softly and blow it out again through the gaps between my fingers, feeling as though part of it I am in control of and denying it the right to mentally affect me. Meanwhile, a majority of it floats around me, engulfing me in hysterical laughter, saying 'Ha-ha, you are as little as a peanut.'

This is all in my head isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment